Monday 26 January 2009

Sterling v Euro or the Dollar

Having been talking to people with regard to prices of Weddings and wedding items in Sterling and comparing these prices to there counterparts in the Euro regions. It has been noticed that people are saving money where they can and are trading in the currencies which will save them even more money. Which is understandable in the current climate.

But what made me think even more, was when it was suggested that if we are to have a vote on joining the Euro in the up and coming June European Elections, I was asked would I prefer to be under the control of Europe or to join the Dollar and become the 52nd State of America on a fiscal basis.

Now that made me start thinking, especially where do most people go abroad to get married, and the places that was named : Vegas, The Bahamas, Hawaii, Dominican Republic, or the Carribean these are the top destinations that we Wedding Planners deal with in our Planning deals.

The more I thought about this question over this weekend and looking at my previous background which was Finance and Accountancy, we have always be behind America and recently I was reading in an Accountancy magazine was that the Accountancy Profession in America was thinking about changing their rules and regulations (SEC) to become similar to ours (UK) and also that the UK regulations was thinking about incorporating some of the American regulations into ours. So the more I thought about it, yes, I would rather be governed by the United States of America, and vote for the Dollar rather than the Euro.

What do you think?

SAWH for FLW

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, the USA official join in 2014 along with Canada and Mexico.